-Just Freakin’ DO IT!-
When you are compelled to utilize your gifts, experience, and desire for continued growth and learning to help better the lives of others, the worst thing you can do is worry about those who may question your methods. If your methods are safe, sound, rooted in science, work both in theory AND in practice, and serve to restore and fortify one’s health, that’s all that matters!
I am at a turning point in my career where I can no longer stand off in the shadows. It is my responsibility to speak out and do as much as I can to negate the BS that plagues the fitness/nutrition industry. I may be little ol’ me, but I can and will make a difference!
“To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.” – Elbert Hubbard
Here’s a simple way to steer clear of most of the BS:
- If it is endorsed by a celebrity, it’s garbage.
- If it is backed by the government, it’s garbage.
- If it makes lofty promises that get you all excited because it seems too good to be true, it’s garbage.
- If its “seen on TV” and/or in commercials, it’s garbage.
- If it comes in a package with a laundry list of ingredients you cannot pronounce, it’s garbage.
- If it is a trendy fad, it’s garbage.
I could go on and on, but I’m stopping there!
It is YOUR responsibility to take control of your health. No one else can do it for you. Stop whining about how hard it is to do this or that and JUST DO IT. Would you rather spend your “golden years” gathering bedsores or LIVING? Many of you probably feel pretty yucky right now, and you’re not even old. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT ALREADY!
Happy Monday, y’all!