-RIPPEL EFFECT Outdoor Fitness Rocks!-
Tuesday kicked off the latest group of what I am now calling “RIPPEL EFFECT OUTDOOR FITNESS!”
Before I begin talkin’ about that, here are just a few quick updates:
1. Yes, I AM still alive…I haven’t been blogging as frequently because life has become extremely busy…in a good way, though! My client roster is almost maxed-out, i’ve got my group training goin’ on, and am trying to find time to work on the new site as well as a few projects!
2. My race is in 2 1/2 weeks! I am STILL having a blast with my workouts! I had a killer ride this morning in the rain! Nothing like it! 🙂 Check out my most recent post!
3. If you remember me talking about an interview I did for Hair’s How magazine, I mentioned it would be in the August issue. I received a copy of the magazine and the article rocks! A big thanks to Naomi for asking me to offer my insight into corrective stretches for the “Occupational Hazards of Hairstyling” article!
4. T-shirts have been ordered for my race!
Two of my good friends got together and used my new logo (which was designed by super-duper online training rockstar client and driving force behind my new site, Tonya!) as inspiration for the tees.
I’m not sure how many have been ordered, but I know there are extras. I have a few “takers” already, in addition to my friends who are supporting me at the race! If you would like one, let me know!
Yes, they are fluorescent yellow! Awesomeness! 🙂
OK…now…let’s talk about my latest group of outdoor training “victims!” ;D hehehehe (evil laugh)
I kicked things off with a bang on Tuesday! Let me tell ya…there’s nothing quite like the feeling of working out before most people have gotten out of bed. I’m a morning person by nature, so I cherish the wee hours (to an extent, lol…i’m not THAT crazy) and thrive on knowing i’ve gotten a heck of a lot more accomplished before lunchtime than many others have! What’s great about early morning outdoor workouts is the fact that you get to exercise while the sun comes up! It’s quite a cool experience, and you’ll see this in the pics and vids to come! This morning, it was crazy how fast it seemed to get light…I mean, it was almost dark when we started, and all of a sudden it was as if someone flipped a switch!
Tuesday’s workout, in a nutshell:
- General Warm-Up – walk/jog 5 min
- Dynamic Warm-Up – 10 min (high knee walk, frankenstein walk, butt kickers, inchworms, etc)
- Bodyweight Circuit x 2 (squats, picnic table push-ups, overhead reverse lunges)
- Ropes! 2 rounds: 20 seconds, 3 patterns, partnered-up!
- Hill Steps – run, crawl, zig zag lunge
Here’s some footage of the ladies gettin’ after the ropes, as well as trying to get me to go easier on ’em! 😉
I will be adding another post this weekend covering more from this week’s outdoor workouts!