-What Drives You?-
More often than not, I have deep thoughts. I seem to live in my mind a lot, and i’ve always been this way. My dad is the same. My mom lives in her brain as well, but in the artist kinda way. I’m a fusion of the two…I think a lot, write a lot, and am a creative individual. Believe it or not, creating and maintaining this site/blog has been a lot of fun for me because it allows me to express myself in several ways.
Ever since I can remember, i’ve felt my life has had a purpose. I have always felt the need to question almost everything, and not settle for what the majority consider to be acceptable. I have always had this strong internal drive to do my best. Yes, I used to be a perfectionist BIG time, and have learned to get past that (thank goodness), but I still am not one to be happy with “acceptable.” I want to do better than that!
The way I see it, we’re a lot like sheep. You have a big flock of sheep and wherever the herd is led, the sheep follow. Every now and then there may be a “bad” sheep who steps out of line and wants to make their own path. I’m proud to say that I consider myself to be one of those “bad sheep,” and because of this, I will forever continue to work towards the goals i’ve established for myself. The rest of the sheep? They can continue to blindly follow along. Seems really boring to me, so they can have at it! I’m gonna do my “thang!” 🙂
What I wanna know is:
What drives you?
What keeps you up at night? What gets your heart racing and adrenaline pumping? What can’t you stop thinking about? What keeps you working hard despite numerous obstacles?
Here’s what drives me…i’ll keep this short, because I could add more!
- Doing what I do is simply FUN for me! I am truly blessed to be my own boss!
- I want to reach more people. I want to show people that it can be fun to work out!
- I have never been a lazy person. It just doesn’t fit into the equation!
- I plan on buying a house in the next year or two. Biskit needs a big yard!
- I would like to continue to be able to help friends/family out financially should the need arise.
- I want to travel! Greece/Italy will be my first out-of-the-country trip.
- I have several books I want to publish, including an autobiography.
- I want to work with kids/teenagers. Positive body image and learning healthy habits are so important!
- I want to do my part to help eliminate the fitness/health lies and misinformation that most people believe (because this is what most people are bombarded with).
- Last, but not least, I want to create a secure future for myself (and my family, one day!). This means busting my butt right now!!!!
You guys are awesome, and I truly appreciate having you as subscribers/readers! I’m about to start cropping videos right now for MTM 1.0 and will be getting it wrapped up this week! 🙂 Thanks again for all y’all do for me!
Yours in Health,